All you need is a cup of cauliflower purée and 1/2 cup of carrot purée, or more if you like carrots.
Chicken in creamy white pasta sauce
1 pound cooked chopped boneless chicken breast
1 cup cauliflower purée
1/2 cup carrot purée
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup cream/milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Dash of Italian seasonings (optional)
1. Boil pasta of choice
2. Melt butter over medium-low heat in saucepan.
3. After it is melted, add the cream/milk. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed.
4. Add the purees and mix. Then add the cheese.
5. Let cook on low heat about 5 minutes. If it’s too thick, you can add more milk for desired consistency.
6. Add the cooked chicken to the sauce. Voila!
A healthy, delicious dish you and your kids will devour!
You can sub whole grain pasta for a more nutritious meal.
Tip: Keep veggie purees frozen for a quick addition to pizza sauces, pastas, etc.